Monday, November 4, 2013

Infertility Investigation I

Made an attempt to visit Prof. Raman at FEMC located PJ as he was highly recommended by my colleagues. To my surprise (at first, visiting an O&G), the clinic waiting time is crazy and unacceptable. The wait will take about 3-5 hours and actual time spend with Prof. was less than 20 minutes. But after several visit, we got used to it, despite early or late appointments. When asked around, everyone said it is very common for most of the gynae in town. 

On our first visit, initial test were required for further Dx and it was mainly (and the only) HSG test for me. An unpleasant experience but has soon forgotten. Results was conclusive, no blockage in the tubes. And that was on 31 Jan 2013. Prof. then prescribed Clomid, advised the window time and followed with a jab. All instructions were strictly adhered. Then, on Clomid Cycle 2, a side effect was observed. It didn't dawn at me that it was a side effect caused by Clomid as we were not told by anyone from the clinic, who I now think, is and should be their responsibility. Generally my vision was affected and I would say it’s only minor as it was blurry, unable to focus. It did impacted me at work looking at the computer screen and while I was driving. At first, I thought my vision has worsened and told my DH that I needed an eye check. But … at our age now, not possible, right? 

So I stopped Clomid at Cycle 2 @ 25 Feb 2013. At that time, I wasn't aware of my INF issue because the doctor did not reveal any information to me. I had no idea if the Clomid had help to stimulate extra follicles. I had no idea if I my uterus lining is housing well. I had no idea if there were abnormalities growth. Since I’m uninformed, so I assumed everything’s normal. Furthermore, we simply don’t have the chemistry. Even DH didn't like him. Not to mention the wasted waiting time, even the parking is difficult. So from experience and a little piece of advice --> do consider the location of your Gynae and the chemistry.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience of infertility. The most effective method of treating infertility nowadays is IVF. If any is looking for the Best IVF in Punjab, visit Sofat Infertility & Women Care Centre.

    ReplyDelete